SEREMBAN — April 6, 2017: The Negri Sembilan government has decided to cut off water and electricity supply to the official residence of the Johol Undang after former chieftain Datuk Mohd. Jan Abdul Ghani refuses to vacate the place.
“I hope they (family members) understand. What they are doing is preventing a civil servant from performing his duties, as Balai Undang Luak Johol (the residence) is a government property,” said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan at a press conference at Wisma Negeri here today.
The state government had earlier issued a notice to vacate the premises to Mohd. Jan, who was sacked on March 27 last year for allegedly committing 13 offences involving misconduct and breaching customs.
He was replaced by Datuk Muhammad Abdullah, who was previously the Baginda Tan Mas (deputy undang).
Muhammad’s appointment was approved by the Dewan Keadilan dan Undang Negri Sembilan last October 7. He appeared before the ruler, Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir, for the appointment on December 15.
Mohamad also said that the government had approved for the Seremban Municipal Council (MPS) to relocate its headquarters.
“It’s time MPS moves to its new office to provide better service and comfort to the public. This also takes into account the merger of MPS and the Nilai Municipal Council (MPN),” he said. — Bernama