Local

TH denies claim that haji quota is reduced

Tabung Haji Building

Ahirul Ahirudin
Written by Ahirul Ahirudin

KUALA LUMPUR – July 4, 2018: Lembaga Tabung Haji (TH) has denied allegations that the Saudi Government has reduced the official haj quota this year.

Haj Department senior general manager Datuk Seri Syed Saleh Syed Abdul Rahman said this year’s official haj quota remains at 30200 or 0.1 per cent from the whole population of Malaysian as specified by the Saudi Arabia government.

TH, in its Press statement said that it had done all the necessary preparations especially when it comes to the pilgrim’s accommodation, flights, transportation and sustenance in Makkah and Medina.

The first flight for hajj this year will be on July 14 this year and it is expected that the last flight leaving for the holy land will be on August 14 this year.

TH also said that the pilgrims had gone for the Perdana Haji courses starting last week to equip themselves with the knowledge on the pilgrimage process.

 TH also issued a reminder that three more Perdana Haji courses will be held this week, taking place in Perlis, middle zone Sarawak and east coast Sabah.

Comments

comments

About the author

Ahirul Ahirudin

Ahirul Ahirudin