IPOH — July 10, 2019: Perak executive councillor Paul Yong Choo Kiong continues to insist on his innocence today by stating that “I never raped her, molested her or harassed her in any way.”
Yong, who was arrested yesterday after his 23-year-old Indonesian maid lodged a police report on Monday to allege she had been raped by him, said he is shocked and confused by the allegations, which he insisted were fabricated. Yong has been released on police bail.
A statement from Yong today says that he respects the process of the law and believes that police will be transparent and professional, reported Bernama.
Perak police chief Datuk Razarudin Husain said Yong had undergone a medical examination while the maid will be placed at a safe location until the investigation papers have been referred to the national police and prosecutors.
Forensic investigations were conducted where the incident was alleged to have taken place. Statements have also been taken from several witnesses.