Politics

Negri Sembilan MB intends to defend his state seat

Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan

Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan

Syndicated News
Written by Syndicated News
SEREMBAN, July 25 2017 : Negri Sembilan Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan today dismissed speculation that he would contest a parliamentary seat in the next general election that is due latest by June 2018.

“In the 14th general election, I will seek re-election in the Rantau state seat. And, if given the mandate, I will become the mentri besar again,” he said before about 3,000 people who attended an Aidilfitri and 60th Merdeka Day celebration at Taman College Heights, Sikamat, here last night.

Mohamad said there had been much speculation and many people were saying that he would contest a parliamentary seat and move to the federal level.

The menteri besar said that since he helmed the state administration, the state government had never raised the assessment rate and quit rent.

“So long as I am the mentri besar, I will not raise the assessment rate and quit rent,” he said.

At the event, Mohamad handed over the Jalur Gemilang national flag to 20 Rukun Tetangga (neighbourhood watch) sectors in the Sikamat state constituency for the Merdeka Mmnth celebration this year. – Bernama

 

Comments

comments

About the author

Syndicated News

Syndicated News

News sourced from Bernama, Reuters, AFP and other accredited news agencies, including credible blogsites and news portals.