SEMENYIH — July 5, 2015: Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak will decide in the next few days on the action he will take concerning the allegation that about $700 million from 1MDB had purportedly been channeled into his personal account.
According to the prime minister, the matter has been referred to his lawyers for advice and the form of legal action that could be taken within and outside the country.
“Insyaallah (God willing), I will make a decision in the next few days on the follow-up action that I will take concerning this most malicious allegation.
“I am referring to the malicious accusation that I had purportedly misappropriated (money) into my personal account,” he said at a press conference in conjunction with the breaking of fast gathering at the Bandar Rinching Mosque here today.
Last Friday, the Wall Street Journal published an article quoting an unnamed investigator that claimed that almost US$700mil of 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) money had been deposited in Najib’s personal account.
The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) then said that the accusation was political sabotage by his opponents to topple a democratically elected prime minister.
The PMO said there was a concerted effort by a certain individual to undermine the credibility of the country’s economy and to tarnish the image of the prime Mmnister which can lead to his downfall. — Bernama