KUALA LUMPUR — July 4, 2019: Former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor and their three children are objecting to claims by third parties over their belongings seized by the police last year.
The respondent will file a notice of an application to protest and the notice with a certificate of urgency at a high court before or on July 18.
“We object to the claims by third parties. Basically the seized belongings under the name of Datuk Seri Najib, whatever items seized belong to him,” said lawyer Syahirah Hanafiah after the case management in chambers before deputy registrar Catherine Nicholas today.
The belongings were seized between May 17, 2018, and March 11, 2019. In addition, Syahirah said they would be filing a notice to request a detailed list of all the items seized.
The case has been fixed for mention before Justice Mohamed Zaini Mazlan on August 30.
Last May 30, a high court allowed the prosecution to publish a notice in the Gazette calling upon any third party with interest on the seized assets — more than a hundred branded handbags, foreign currency in different denominations, watches and 27 vehicles. Apart from Najib and his family, there were 13 other individuals and companies implicated.
On May 7, the Attorney-General’s Chambers filed a notice of forfeiture to include 27 vehicles. The respondents were Najib, Rosmah, Riza Shahriz Abdul Aziz, Nor Ashman Razak Mohd. Najib, Nooryana Najwa Mohd. Najib, Mohd. Kyizzad Mesran, Senijauhar Sdn. Bhd., Aiman Ruslan, Yayasan Rakyat 1Malaysia, Yayasan Semesta, Yayasan Mustika Kasih, Rembulan Kembara Sdn. Bhd., Goh Gaik Ewe, Ng Chong Hwa, Lim Hwee Bin, Kee Kok Thiam, Tan Vern Tact and Geh Choh Hun. — Bernama