KUALA LUMPUR — December 21, 2016: Malaysia will hold a meeting with Australia and China to deliberate on the future direction of the search for Malaysia Airlines MH370 that has been missing since March 2014.
The meeting to be organised by the transport ministry will also determine the next course of action to identify the location of the aircraft.
“All decisions pertaining to the location of the next search for MH370 will be determined at the meeting,” said Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Ab. Aziz Kaprawisaid to reporters at the Parliament lobby today.
Aziz was asked to comment on the First Principle Review Report on MH370 released by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau yesterday that said the previously identified underwater area scoured in the southern Indian Ocean did not contain the aircraft wreckage.
The ATSB said their experts had identified an area of about 25,000 sq km to the north of the current search area as the area with the highest probability of containing the aircraft wreckage.
According to the report, the experts concluded that if the area was to be searched, prospective areas for locating the aircraft wreckage, based on all the analysis to date, would be exhausted.
Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014, while flying from here to Beijing with 239 people on board. — Bernama