KUALA LUMPUR — March 12, 2019: FGV Holdings has filed an application to strike out the counter-claim by five former non-executive directors over losses suffered in the acquisition of Asia Plantation Ltd. (APL) in 2014.
Counsel Fahda Nur Ahmad Kamar, who is representing the five, when met by reporters said that apart from FGV, also filing an application were 10 individuals comprising a former chairman and executive and non-executive directors.
The five were sued by FGV to claim RM514 million lost from the takeover or alternatively, compensation for losses from the APL takeover.
They are Tan Sri Ismee Ismail, Tan Sri Wan Abdul Aziz Wan Abdullah, Tan Sri Sulaiman Mahbob, Datuk Nozirah Bahari and Datuk Fazlur Rahman Ebrahim.
“We were also informed that the application to strike out the counter-claim had been filed and we received the application today,” said Fahda after a case proceeding in the chambers of High Court deputy registrar Farah Shuhada Ramli. FGV lawyer Ang Hean Leng was present.
The court set April 23 for case management before Judge Datuk Azimah Omar.
The five individuals filed their counter-claim on February 11 by naming the company and 10 others comprising the FGV chairman and directors as defendants.
The 10 are Datuk Azhar Abdul Hamid, Mohd. Hassan Ahmad, Datuk Dr. Othman Omar, Dr. Mohamed Nazeeb P. Alithambi, Datuk Dr. Salmiah Ahmad, Datin Hoi Lai Peng, Datuk Yusli Mohamed Yusoff, Dr. Nesadurai Kalanithi, Datuk Mohd. Anwar Yahya dan Datuk Mohamed Suffian Awang.
FGV filed a suit against former president and chief executive officer Datuk Mohd. Emir Mavani Abdullah and 13 others last November 23.
According to a statement to Bursa Malaysia, the others named as defendants included Tan Sri Mohd. Isa Abdul Samad who was chairman; former chief financial officer Ahmad Tifli Mohd. Talha; a former vice-president Farisan Mokhtar and a former senior general manager Rasydan Alias Mohamed. — Bernama