PUTRAJAYA — April 26, 2020: People stranded in their hometowns have until May 1 to apply for permission via the Gerak Malaysia app or at a police station to return to the cities.
At the same time Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob clarified that no time frame has been set for them to return since this is still being discussed.
Federal police CID director Datuk Huzir Mohamed had said earlier that those eligible would be able to travel between May 1 and 3.
“We are still gathering data. We will come up with an SOP (standard operating procedure) after a meeting between the National Security Council , police and Health Ministry.
“The proposed SOP must also be brought to a special ministerial meeting for approval,” said Ismail today.
Ismail also said he was disheartened to note the number of people caught breaching the movement control order (MCO) had increased.
“I was happy to note a decline in the number of people caught breaching the MCO for three consecutive days but yesterday it went up again.”