KUALA LUMPUR, April 28 2020: PKR’s Kuantan member of parliament Fuziah Salleh will be charged for sharing in social media, a fake video of chaos at the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex (CIQ) in Johor Baru recently.
Sources told The Mole that the former deputy minister in the Prime Minister’s Department will be charged at the Johor Baru Sessions Court.
Fuziah was previously quoted as saying that she was cooperating with the authorities’ investigation into a video on her Facebook page which has since been removed.
The administrator of her page had also apologised for posting the video, which supposedly depicts Malaysians returning from Singapore in large number due to the Covid-19 crisis, causing chaos at the complex.
Police said the video actually shows a fire drill at the complex last year.
The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) which is probing the matter said investigations centered around the inappropriate use of communication facilities and causing fear or public unrest.
It stressed that starting or spreading fake news is a crime.
Meanwhile, Fuziah today confirmed she had received the writ of summons which involve Section 505(b) of the Penal Code for causing public fear and Section 249 of the Communications and Multimedia Act which relates to access to computerised data.