KUALA LUMPUR — March 29, 2020: The death toll in the country reached 35 later today, making the total fatality in the country 35.
The 57-year-old Malaysian woman who died at the Sungai Buloh Hospital had a history of travel to Indonesia.
Earlier in the day Health director-general Datuk Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah said there were 150 new cases in the country, bringing the total 2,470.
Sixty-one of the new cases were linked to the tabligh gathering in Sri Petaling. Another 68 patients were discharged today to bring the total of recoveries to 388.
Seventy-three patients were in intensive care, with 52 needing ventilators.
One of those who died was a 27-year-old who had a history of diabetes, high blood pressure and kidney problems as well as a 37-year-old who had a history of travelling to India.
From the 34 deaths, 55.6 per cent were above 60 years and 67.6 per cent suffered from chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney and heart problems.
Noor Hisham reminds those in this high risk group and their families to take the necessary precautions to prevent getting infected.
He also said that 157 medical professionals have volunteered to help and over 1,000 more expected to do so in the coming days.