KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 24 2020 : The four people suspected of being infected by the Wuhan coronavirus so far in this country have been tested negative.
The Health Ministry in a statement yesterday confirmed that tests conducted on a suspected coronavirus (2019-nCoV) patient in Sabah found the person to be negative for the virus.
Its director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the patient had symptoms of Influenza A and is recovering and in stable condition.
He said the tests were conducted by the Institute of Medical Reserach (IMR).
He said, all four suspected 2019-nCoV cases reported so far, comprising two each in Sabah and Selangor, were all confirmed to be negative.
The coronavirus has caused global alarm because of its similarity to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), which killed nearly 650 people across mainland China and other countries in 2002-2003.