Local

1MDB haji programme discontinued

Syndicated News
Written by Syndicated News

KUALA LUMPUR — July 30, 2018: The special haji programme sponsored by Yayasan 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) will be discontinued.

This because the source of funding is connected to the 1MDB investigations.

“Between 2011 and last year, 5,711 pilgrims were sponsored at a cost of almost RM57 million,” said Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Dr. Mujahid Yusof Rawa in reply to Datuk Seri Ahmad Maslan (BN – Pontian) in the Dewan Rakyat today.

Regarding the 1,200 people who had received offers to perform the haj this year under the programme to do so on their own, Mujahid said priority was to those performing the haj for the first time.

“I want to clarify that their quota came from Yayasan 1MDB, so the new government will not take this quota from Tabung Haji even though the recipients are willing to pay for their pilgrimage.” — Bernama

Comments

comments

About the author

Syndicated News

Syndicated News

News sourced from Bernama, Reuters, AFP and other accredited news agencies, including credible blogsites and news portals.